With a blazing fast dual-core processor, HD 1080P video camera, 7 inch screen, 1GB of RAM and QNX technology, the Playbook is powerful enough for the daily task and entertainment, whatever watching the high definition movies or playing video games.
For watching movies, the 1080p HD video playback will provides you exciting watching experience. However, the Blackberry Playbook doesn't have a DVD driver, if you have a number of DVDs and you want to watch it on your Playbook, you need to convert your DVD to Playbook supported video files first. If you don't have a clue about this, please follow the wizard below.
Before we start the conversion, we should download the DVD converter, and figure out which format does the Playbook supported. If you go to the office site of the Playbook, you will find out specifications as below:
Video format support: H.264/MPEG/DivX/WMV
Music format support: MP3/AAC/WMA
Tips: If you also want rip Blu-ray Disc, you can use Blu-ray Ripping software, it can rip both standart and Blu-ray DVD.
Install the software and run it. Put your DVD into the DVD ROM and your pc will recognize the DVD files. Press the "Load DVD" button to load the files.
Choose your device model and pick a suitable resolution (the resolution is 1024*600) through the "Profile" drop down list. If you cannot find your model, please click the "common video" and find a format that support your Playbook (.MP4). You could explore the other option through the "setting" icon. It's important to set the output size as 1024*600 or smaller.
If want to extract background music from DVD movie, you could choose .MP3 from "Profile" > "common audio".
Click the "Start" button to start converting DVD to Playbook compatible file formats, this may take you a few moments, the speed of the conversion depends on the pc's performance and the size of the DVD.
When the conversion is completed, just transfer the converted files to your Playbook, if you don't know how to do that, following the tutorial below.
1. Connect the BlackBerry Playbook to the computer via USB cable.
2. If BlackBerry Device Manager is not yet installed, the BlackBerry Playbook will display a screen entitled "Installing Drivers".
3. On the computer, double click the Playbook CD drive icon.
4. Open the Drivers folder.
5. Double click Setup.exe.
6. After selecting the appropriate region and accepting the License Agreement select Install.
7. Select Finish and then OK to the prompt confirming that the Playbook will need to be disconnected and then reconnected prior to use.
8. Once reconnected to the computer, the BlackBerry Playbook will be mounted as a Network Drive labeled Playbook
9. Double click the network drive icon to access the Playbook folders.